Donor Bill of Rights
The Centre for Wildlife Studies, Inc. merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in us. We declare that all donors have these rights:
1. To be informed of the CWS Inc.’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources and of its
capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the CWS Inc.’s governing board, and to expect the board to
exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to CWS Inc.’s most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition and respect their privacy if they wish to be anonymous.
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent
provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing CWS Inc. of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of CWS Inc. or hired solicitors.
9. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that CWS Inc. may intend to share.
10. Feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Help us further the cause of conserving Wildlife and Wildlands in Asia, Africa and South America.
CWS is a registered 501(c)3 charity in the US. Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent as per law.